Quality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quality

Quality eonar-eu

You are not connected. Please login or register

hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Empty hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:52 am

hammerpuss

Character Details

Name:hammerpuss
Class:druid
Spec:balance
Realm:silvermoon atm

Armory Profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Hammerpuss
excuse the 2 wrathful items, recently back in the game and they are the highest dps items for those slots i have yet obtained. Also have higher ilvl helmet, but ofc ilvl doesnt = dps.

Playtime and Raiding

Daily Playtime?
5hrs + per day
Availability Info:
Sunday:yes
Monday:yes
Tuesday:yes
Wednesday:yes
Thursday:yes
Friday:yes
Saturday:yes

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
played about 3-4 years

What's your raiding experience pre-TBC?
none

What's your raiding experience TBC?
Tank throughout tbc, cleared all T4 content, ZA including bear run farming, Full clear T5 content, Black temple and MH pre nerfs at the end of tbc. First 2 bosses swp in the last 3 weeks or so of TBC

What's your raiding experience WOTLK?
On my DK :Naxx, mally, os drakes, Uld drake in 10 inc algy, full clear 25, totc include tribute run on shaman. Icc 10/12 on druid in 25 - progression on 11/12.

Can you provide us a recent WWS report? not atm

Your favorite boss encounter? archimonde due to the unpredictability of the fight, and low margin for error

Your favorite WoW related website and/or forums? elitist jerks - bit of a perfectionist on the stat front, and numbercrunch my own stats. MMO is always interesting.

Any level 80 alts?
Emochild (on eonar)- kinda crap shaman alt
Hammerofdorn -unholy dk dps on silvermoon http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Hammerofdorn
my warrior lvl 75 i played in tbc hammerfast (on eonar alliance) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Hammerfast
Class Details

Why did you pick your class? I enjoy the variety a hybrid class brings, with the ability to try different things. Having played as a couple of melee classes, and then a shaman, i felt the need to expand into a slightly different style of play.

What do you consider to be your role in high end PvE raiding?
A boomkin seemed to fit my needs, as it allows for high dps in a variety of circumstances, giving high aoe dps whilst moving, but also the ability to nuke very hard when required. In high end pve raiding, i feel a boomkin provides a unique selection of abilities and buffs, Including 3% hit, 5% crit, 3% haste, earth and moon(13% spell dmg on target), battle resses, innervates, and 'oh shit' healing such as tranquility or just adding some hots at a crucial time.

Guilds

What guilds have you been in since you began, what did you like/dislike about them, and why did you leave?
Vicious kittens on anachronos - Was an officer and raid leader in this guild progressing into T5 content, but the server had a severe shortage of skilled players, and a large number of us chose to move to silvermoon to hopefully progress further. After moving joined carpe nocte who i stayed with throughout the rest of tbc, working our way up from the start of T5 content all the way to swp, and was warrior class leader. At the end of Tbc decided to take a few months break from the game, in order to focus on exams and was unsure whether i would return to the game at the time. However, unable to resist the urge i was soon back, and joined a guild called schism on my dk whom i progressed through the lower teirs with, all the way untill the end of ulduar, when the guild folded due to a number of the officers getting grumpy and leaving. I did enjoy it though for its no nonsense attidude taken in raids.After that i joined a guild called No regrets which again had leadership problems. After having some very close calls on putricide when he was first released, infighting between the officers caused a number of key players to leave, and the collapse of the guild. Since then i have been playing in a much more casual manner, but look forward to re-enter the high end content in the late summer and cataclysm

What can you offer Quality? currently a casual member who is willing to help and get to know the guild. Obviously neither my DK or moonkin are upto the harder 25m hm's but, i will never the less be willing to help should i be required. In the near future i would like to offer a reliable player, who never forgets things such as consumables, and performs to a consistently high standard. I would also like to think i offer a player able to think for themselves when circumstances change rapidly in high pace situations, as i have had experience with raid and class leading in the past.

What do you expect from us?
hopefully an enjoyable guild to be a part of, but also a guild offering serious and high quality raids.

Do you know anyone from Quality?
pejay, lirael, biggbull, reynard, macheath

Applying for other guilds while filling in this apply?
no

Real life details

Name:max

Your english skills, spoken and written?
fluent
Are you able to use a microphone during raids?
yes
Describe your personality?
reliable, hard working, enjoy raiding but enjoy raiding to a high standard even more, so very focused even when on long wipe nights.
Any additional information you want to share with us?
currently applying as casual, due to a combination of exams and a month in russia/china, intending to raid on return - will be living with pejay and biggbull from mid july onwards, so no escaping it. In the mean time more than willing to assist when you are short with main/alt runs, and hopefully get to know the guild before starting to raid.

Have you read the guild rules? yes

2hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Empty Re: hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:13 am

Reynard

a realy nice guy and a good player.

3hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Empty Re: hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 am

Emí

Emí

Night elf male.. Crying or Very sad

jk Razz

4hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Empty Re: hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:18 am

Nesh

Spec looks good, a few comments about gear:

1. Hit rating - you're overcapped in about 80 hit, yet you chose to buy the Belt of Omission (+64 hit) from EoF instead of Belt of Petrified Ivy (+crit and +haste).

2. Haste rating - you're below the soft cap (400 haste for moonkins, NG Wrath goes below GCD) yet you chose the belt above instead of +64 haste from the Petrified Ivy belt. Also, you chose to gem 2x +12SP/+10Crit instead of +12SP/+10 haste in Yellow sockets

3. Gemming bonus - you chose to gem yellow in wrist to get +5 SP bonus but gemmed 2x +23SP gems in boots ignoring +7 SP bonus (where you could have gemmed 2x SP/Crit Orange gems to get +7 SP bonus AND increase haste towards the soft cap).

Question - when in a fight/rotation do you use your Nevermelting Ice crystal trinket?

Kind regards,
Nesh

5hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Empty Re: hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:56 pm

hammerpuss

yes, to answer each q in turn -
hit rating i am atm overcapped due to waiting on badges for the t10 helm and chest to replace the t9 ones. I was pretty much on the hit cap untill i got the 2 set t10 bonus which i deemed worth going over hit to achieve. The breakdown of stats was a loss of about 30sp and .4% crit vs the set bonus. Sorry about buying the wrong belt, at the time i deemed it a more long term investment, and seeing how my gear is set to progress i am likely to lose hit off the offhand and t10 helmet, so i would stand by my decision that it will be useful in the future.

I am under the 400 haste cap because i changed my skinning to engineering late last night, and i havnt regemed to make up for the lost of 23 haste on the cloak yet, although that will be changed today, which also answers the 3rd question as it shall be 2 sp haste gems in the boots, giving the socket bonus and the soft haste cap.

the nevermelting ice crystal i use if i intend to force a solar eclipse, or if i need more burst for say adds on saurfang i can use it on the lunar eclipse to hit 100% crit for the first cast then obviously declining a bit due to the trinket mechanic. The engineering glove enchant is ofc bound to starfire.

6hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Empty Re: hammerpuss moonkin app - ACCEPTED Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Nesh

As I said many times before - good players are measured by attitude rather than gear. The mere fact that you have solid reasoning to your gear decisions shows you invest time to actually think and form your opinions, and that to me indicates an attitude that implies dedication and seriousness.

bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum