Quality eonar-eu

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bluxie - Holy/Retri Paladin - Accepted

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bluxie - Holy/Retri Paladin - Accepted on Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Character Details

Name: Bluxie
Class: Paladin
Spec: Holy mainspec (51/20/0) / Retribution offspec (11/5/55)
Realm: Eonar
Armory Profile: Bluxie

Playtime and raiding

Daily Playtime? 6-8 hours

Availability Info:
Sunday: available
Monday: available
Tuesday: available
Wednesday: available
Thursday: available
Friday: available
Saturday: available

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Enjoyed playing the last week of the original beta on a friend's account and eventually bought my own account in february '05, so basicly i've been playing 5 years and 3 months.

What's your raiding experience pre-TBC?

All my Pre-TBC experience was on my holy paladin on Hellscream (Nishino - Hellscream EU)

Molten Core: clear
Zul'Gurub: clear
Onyxia: clear
Blackwing Lair: clear
AQ20: clear

What's your raiding experience TBC?

Same as with pre-tbc, the experience i have here was on Nishino

Karazhan: clear
Zul'aman: clear
Gruul's Lair: clear
Magtheridon's Lair: clear
SSC: clear
TK: clear
MH: clear
BT: clear
SWP: Clear (admittingly i cleared everything up to twins on Nishino and cleared the rest much later on my dk a couple months ago and eventually got the achievement on my dk)

What's your raiding experience WOTLK?

All the wotlk experience i have was on my Death Knight Paniny

Naxx 10: clear / Naxx 25: 10/15
EoE 10: clear
OS 10: clear +3 drakes up / OS25: clear + 3 drakes up
Ulduar 10 : clear / Ulduar 25: 11/13
ToTC10: clear / ToTC25: clear
ICC 10: 10/12 / ICC 25: 8/12

Can you provide us a recent WWS report?

I have no wws reports of the paladin sadly enough.

Your favorite boss encounter?

-Kael'thas in TK: A rather complex 5 phase fight where everyone needs to be on the ball or else you'll die a horrible, horrible death. I just love that, the coordination and the epicness of the encounter also contributes to that feeling.

-Felmyst in SWP: the mindcontrol clouds were just pure fun ! Very Happy

-In wotlk my favourite encounter is Yogg-Saron, the sheer epicness of that encounter is what makes it great. Mix that with great mechanics and a genuine challenging fight (ow and lore, let's not forget lore !) and you get a truely awesome thing.

Your favorite WoW related website and/or forums?

MMO-champion, world of raids and tankspot for general wow information.
Elitist jerks for in depth class and boss discussions.
Dark legacy comics and wow.com for comical relief and some interesting blogposts here and there.

Any level 80 alts?

lvl 80 Death Knight:
Paniny

lvl 80 Paladin:
Nishino

The latter is my inactive paladin, i rarely log on hellscream to say hello to the lads there.

Class Details

Why did you pick your class?

I love the paladinclass, from way back in Warcraft 3 and lateron playing DotA i have always loved those knights in shiny armor who protect their peers with all sorts of auras and healingspells. So with that in mind i rolled my first paladin 5 years ago and never looked back, since then i have healed most of the endgame content up until wrath and kept craving to heal even when i was playing my Death Knight. There's that sense of responsability you just don't experience on a dpsclass, that's what makes healing so fun for me.

What do you consider to be your role in high end PvE raiding?

As a paladin i could have many roles: i could be that plated armor ambulance healing from the back or i could be that guy who stands at the front shouting at mobs to keep hitting him. Dpsing is also not a problem for me, so whatever the guild needs me to be, i will quite happily spec into it and master it to the best of my abilities.

Guilds

What guilds have you been in since you began, what did you like/dislike about them, and why did you leave?

Icematrix: That was the first guild i was in when i started playing on Dunemaul with my DK (well, warrior actually, but that's the char i specifically levelled up to unlock the DKclass on that server). It was the guild of Mcburger and me, which we used as a social guild to keep our RL and newly met Dunemaulfriends in + having a couple of personal banktabs.

Ryfari: This was a full dutch guild on Dunemaul, and i can only echo what Mcburger said. The management consisted of two brothers where one did everything the older brother said (who was the raid leader). This caused quite some frustration amongst the raiders and members of Ryfari and they usually went to Mcburger with their complaints who relayed our concerns to the management.
Eventually shit hit the fan and it went tits up, the management didn't like our points of view and actually blamed Mcburger, who didn't get any backup of the people who actually relayed the problems to her. In the end it came to a point where there was no trust anymore amongst -what used to be- the raiders and we left.

HoB: HoB was a more serious raidingguild than Ryfari and things were going pretty well (both progreswise and socialwise) until the guild merged with Ashes, which was another guild who started to disband. Because of their previous history with Ashes (they used to raid together in a raidingalliance, but this was before we joined) there were no questions about the quality and integrity of their members so they all joined without making an application.
This eventually lead to a big clash, the people from Ashes were quite arrogant and no teamplayers in any way. They completely disregarded the recently revamped guildrules and didn't bother listening to what we had to say to them. They really thought they were better than the rest of HoB and therefor their point of view was the best.
Because we were so fed up we eventually left and transferred to Eonar.

Perseverance: This is our own guild (of Mcburger and me) and we aimed pretty high when we first started the guild. We do have the members to actually raid, but there is no focus whatsover, people who actually sign up don't bother to come online or when they are actually confirmed for a raid they put themselves on decline for no reason whatsoever.
Don't get me wrong, we have a handfull of amazing and really awesome members but sadly enough the majority are just there to quench their thirst for purples and get the achievements. There is no guildspirit whatsoever and that sickens me.
We do want to make progres but with a group like that it's just not possible and there is absolutely no fun anymore to be had in raids like that, which is sad.

What can you offer Quality?

A very dedicated, longterm player who's actually able to run out of fires and not stand in green clouds in raids. Other than that i'm a teamplayer and always in for a good laugh.
Don't be fooled by the lvl80 achievement i have obtained just recently on this character, i have been an active holy paladin since launch and know my way around the holy side of life.
PS: i might even have cookies *gasp*

What do you expect from us?

A good, fun and stable guild actually. A guild that not only has the ability to improve in this game but also has the fun and social side this game offers as well. A healthy combination of challenging raids and interesting/fun people to tag along with.

Do you know anyone from Quality?

Estera
Sheepy
Defiliator

Applying for other guilds while filling in this apply?

Nope, this is my only application.

Real life details

Name: Dave

Your english skills, spoken and written?

Written: 8
Spoken: 7

Are you able to use a microphone during raids?

Yes, with a headset so no nasty echos from me !

Describe your personality?

I'm a fun lad with a decent sense of humour and a passion for cars, computergames and everything that actually has something to do with IT.
Usually i'm pretty obsessed by something when i have a goal, which usually results in me going over elitist jerks everyday and doing some math on a dodgy spreadsheet to just inch that 1 point towards a perfect setup for my character.
Personally i'm pretty laid back, can take alot of constructive criticism and isn't shy to dish out some as well if needed.
On the other side of the spectrum i'm sometimes a bit daft and i can't multitask because i'm a man.

Any additional information you want to share with us?

As you can see my gear isn't up to your standards just yet nor did i have the chance to show my paladin in any raid (the raid i did with Mcburger was on my Death Knight because the pally was still running around in blues and 2 pieces of T9) but i can assure you i am pretty capable in any role.
Same applies to my professions, BS is taken care off but alchemy is a bit of a pain due to no lowlvl herbs on the AH. I'm farming them now and have currently enough herbs to hit 350 later this evening.

PS: I live in Belgium, so basicly every 6months'ish you'll hear me complain about the government and how it just fell.

PPS: i love crisps

Have you read the guild rules?

Yes, read and agreed.

View user profile

2 Re: Bluxie - Holy/Retri Paladin - Accepted on Thu May 27, 2010 11:35 pm

hes pro! Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: Bluxie - Holy/Retri Paladin - Accepted on Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Sheepy

Guild Master
Accepted to trial (Retribution), whisper me.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum