Quality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quality

Quality eonar-eu

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending

+5
Nesh
Reynard
Pejayy
Tubbo
Toymachine
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Mon May 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Toymachine

Character Details

Name: Toymachine
Class: Shaman
Spec: Enhancement
Realm: Eonar (alliance)

Armory Profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Toymachine

Playtime and Raiding: 41days at 80, Bin raiding since i Dinged

Daily Playtime?

Availability Info:
Sunday: yes
Monday: atm no, but this might change
Tuesday: yes
Wednesday: After 20:15
Thursday:No
Friday: after 20:15
Saturday: yes

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Bin playing WoW for 2 years now

What's your raiding experience pre-TBC?
Nothing done here (wich i regret)

What's your raiding experience TBC?
Very little xp on myy first char (huntard) Cleared Kara Gruul and BT

What's your raiding experience WOTLK?
Naxx: Cleared
Ulduar: Cleared (10man hm's on priest 25's on Shaman)
Totc/totgc 10 : Both cleared
Totc/totgc 25: Cleared normal, never had the pleasure of downing Anub hm
Icc 10: Cleared
Icc 10 hc: 10/12 ppl started to slack at sindra
Also did all the other smaller raids like Maly OS and VoA ofc+ all the achievs to go with em except Earth/wind and fire
Haven't done any icc 25, Joined Decimation when icc was just out, And seeing as Decimation is a strict 10 man guild i wasn't aloud to do 25's anymore

Can you provide us a recent WWS report?
Nope haven't seen any WWS since the starter days of Ulduar and i doubt you guys have any use for that

Your favorite boss encounter?
Tough question, i like alot of fight.. Stationary fights for melee are ofc the most fun once for melee, cause we can just put our face down and start rolling..
But my absolute favorite was OS 10 3d as MT healer (on my priest)

Your favorite WoW related website and/or forums?
I like to figure out the classes i play myself, if i rly have any unanswered question i go to Ej ofc

Any level 80 alts?
rdy for this?
Hunter: Mistake 80 Surv (ghostland server)
DK: Playtoy 80 Blood tank/dps (ghostland server)
Priest: Toynaab 80 Holy/Shadow (old main)
Mage: Playtoy 80 Arcane
Paladin: Toyminator 80 Prot
Druid: Toyminatrix 80 Balance/Resto
Rogue: Toyslayer 80 Combat/Assassin
Some of these alts raid (pala,priest,rogue) the others are mostly for profs to support my shaman.. there all made for 1 single reason, and that is to get more understanding of every class i have to deal with in raids, only Warrior and Warlock missing in my list,But gimme 6 months and some slack nights and ill have those 2

Class Details

Why did you pick your class?
Ever since i started the real raiding i was jealous of every shaman in the raid/guild, REsto at that time was awfully op.. Ended up as Enhance cause i rly like the melee enviroment of WoW.. And shamans are very fun to play, i like a bit more complicated specs, cause just using 2/3 buttons aint my thing.. Picked enhance for this reason cause it's mostly a prio class, i can't just randomly smash my skills and do good dps, i actualy have to look what i'm doing or my dps will drop like a bomb

What do you consider to be your role in high end PvE raiding?
My Roll mostly is to buff other melee with my totems and pop Heroism/Bloodlust at the apropriate times.. Apart from that i just need to do good dps i guess

Guilds

What guilds have you been in since you began, what did you like/dislike about them, and why did you leave?

Started my raiding Career in FTW (ghostlands) no dislikes there, the guild kinda disbanned and there was no raiding anymore so i moved on
Eternals after that (ghostland aswell) Didn't like the way there guild leader worked, he had a friends go first politic..
After that i transfered to Eonar and Joined Decimation, no dislikes here either.. awsome players and a good raiding enviroment.. but atm due to alot of slack i feel like i'm the only 1 in the guild atm, and after hearing after 4 weeks of no raiding that another 4 weeks of no raiding is on it's way i'm forced to look for a good raiding enviroment elsewere

What can you offer Quality?
Good dps Heroism/Bloodlust and shiny totems, Also a variaty of good geared alts to do altruns or replace a slacker for 1 day

What do you expect from us?
Not much, just a good raiding enviroment

Do you know anyone from Quality?
Nope no one, always bin alliance

Applying for other guilds while filling in this apply?
Nope

Real life details

Name: Frank

Your english skills, spoken and written? I speak english aswell as i write it, so if you can read this apply it must be good enough

Are you able to use a microphone during raids?
Yep have a mic

Describe your personality?
I'm that guy that if i would speak on Vent ppl would be like "omg is that Toy speaking? Toy is that you?" very quiet typ very patient and always willing to do new and exciting stuff

Any additional information you want to share with us?
I'm not excited bout leaving Decimation, there awsome ppl who i started to like alot in the last 6 months.. I'm also pretty short on the money atm, so it would take atleast 2 weeks before ill be able to make a faction change

Have you read the guild rules?
yes i have, nice to actualy see you posted the rules on your forums. Hope your raids are as well orginized as your forums

Last edited by Sheepy on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Original answer was to short to my likings)

2Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 am

Tubbo

Tubbo

Melee totems <3

3Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 am

Pejayy

Ok, your gears of nice ilevels, but, there is a lot wrong with it. You're gemming AP haste which is wrong, your gemming hase or ap stam, wrong. ( incase you excuse this with a 2 blue gem meta you are also wrong, use the agi+ crit damage instead for the ap and crit and scales better with kings etc) You're totem relic choice is completely wrong, i'd place the flame shock one at double the value of the stormstrike one, for the same badge cost and difficulty to obtain. The leather boots for expertise is a net loss in dps according to rawr compared with gemming for the expertise cap. Your are 4% over hit cap as a draenei through incidental gear ( good 100 stats wasted), now dont take this as an attack, its a criticism to help you improve. we are in need of an enhancement shaman of high quality, your good, but you can be better, and you should read more and guess less. this is evedent through gear and itemisation/gemming choices. Also, go troll for pve. if you can stand the horrific looks, if not, go orc. if i see you as tauren, ill slap you! Razz
you seem well experienced ,so thats a good point Smile

4Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Toymachine

Thank for the reply, But have you bin living under a rock? agil for enhance? i get 1 ap for 1 agil, were as i get 20 from the ap gems.. Also haste is atm the best stat you can get for enhance cause haste gives you faster wf procs and ofc alot of maelstrom procs.. Were do you see ap/stam btw? the 2 blue gems i use for my meta are 10 stats and 15haste/stam.. All other gems are either haste or ap/haste for 8+ ap bonusses.. I use the stormstrike Totem cause i'm currently at 839 haste, so i rly don't need any more. And imo Flame shock is a total waste of dps.. i used this for about a week in my rotation and i lost about 500 dps.. It's also good to be a bit over capped for hit as enhance So you won't get as much glancing hits anymore..It's also kinda hard to get a good gear setup from just 10 mans without getting over capped for hit, unless i would go for arp, but that's even worse then agil .. I also hate gemming for expertise and hit, there for i took the leather expertise boots to clear most of my sockets for more haste.. I could be using Victor's Call to, but i think that's a waste of a good dps trinket.. And tbh i never guess, i always theory craft with other enhance shaman to find the best setup availible for me to use.. And if i would still be doubting about my choises i would look stuff up from EJ.. And i would prolly go Orc, Pop racial with engi haste gloves and t10 2set and youll be amazed of the burst damage i can produce

5Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Reynard

i think PJ meant the meta gem choice was wrong and you should go for the agi/increased crit meta. idk about shamans but i think that in general the need to use 2 blue gems makes the crit/increased crit meta less good.
aside from that ap/hate for red sockets is fine and haste/stam or the prismatic gem are fine as the blue gem you need.
and as for the totam choice consider the haste one.

btw all this is based on a paragon shaman, im a great one for looking up players from top guilds and see what they are doing.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&cn=Rihmz (he have more passive haste as well and still uses the haste totem) also the EJ thread for enhance says to use [Relentless Earthsiege Diamond] and [Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice].

good application overall Smile

Last edited by Reynard on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

6Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Nesh

A well constructed reply for me shows that even if someone is wrong (not necessarily the case here) at least they are serious enough to try and base their knowledge = they take their game seriously.

And anyway we need a Vet to take care of all the furry animals in the guild! (birds too!)

N.

7Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Toymachine

I can't consider the haste totem if i don't use fs in my rotation..
And no i'm not gonna force it in there.. I tend to do the same or more dps as every enhance in major guilds without using fs, so i don't see why i should start using it now.. And as i said in my last reply, 1 agi is 1 ap, so using the agi meta would be a total waste of dps imo.. if it would make you guys happy ill gladly replace my current meta for it, but from my own xp i find that the crit gem is worth more to my dps then the agi 1.. Do keep in count that my gear setup all comes from 10 man, and that i would prolly trow alot of things around if i could get my hands on decent 25man gear

8Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Reynard

with BiS gear this is your rotation (so if you get the haste totam you can see that FS is second only to the MS weapon x 5 stacks.)
by getting the haste totem and keeping the FS Dot up you gain 200 haste - and it will stay on as long as you keep the dot alive.

1) Maelstrom Weapon x 5 stacks - Lightning Bolt
2) Flame Shock
3) Stormstrike if debuff not active
4) Lightning Shield if not active
5) Fire Elemental
6) Magma Totem if not active
7) Spirit Wolves
8 ) Shamanistic Rage
9) Earthshock
10) Stormstrike
11) Lava Lash
12) Fire Nova
13) Magma Totem
14) Lightning Shield

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t88300-enhancement_bis_gear_set_up_discussion_3_3_onward/#ixzz0pbNqzBBw

you can use rawr to check which rotation will be best for you, i suggest you check it with/without the haste totam.

9Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Toymachine

Some of that rotation seems a bit of, why use Feral spirit before shamenistic rage.. Feral spirits benefit from ap, and 2set t10 increases damage by 15% dunno if you enhance shamans ever watched your Character sheat when using it, but it buffs ap with 2k, there for it would be more usefull to use feral spirit after shamanistic rage.. but that's just a minor thing.. I can see this rotation work yes, but i believe that fs will only result in bigger dps nr's and not a better overall damage.. Ill buy the haste totem to try this rotation for a few days and see what the results are..

P.S. Rawr doesn't wanna work on my Comp, whenever i open it my inet explorer get's an error

10Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Pejayy

Ok, this is just stupid. your denying the clearly second best spell in your rotation. You use the totem and the flame shock glyph, passive shaman haste cap as enhancement is roughly 1300. so you with 839 need to do some maths.
You obviously don\'t read even about basic stat mechanics, as over-capping hit does not prevent glancing blows, only increased offhand white damage hits, which as an enhancement is less necessary than as a combat rogue, who do more white damage. Once you are over hit cap, as an orc, which my shaman is, 368, hit becomes COMPLETELY useless. There is no advantage to it. a WASTE of stats in every dps and tanking setup. ask anyone. Glancing blows are ONLY reduced through the over-capping of the expertise soft cap. this is the same for every melee class and i can assure you, i can find 10 people to back me up on this fact. This CLEARLY shows you have never looked up the basics of melee or your class, and are not up to date with current rotations.
I have also played recently with your current setup, and its a clear net dps loss. An easy to see problem with your setup is that the stormstrike cooldown only allows 4 nature damage increases per 8 seconds, and with Rawr calculations in raid buffed, my shaman with 729 passive haste and full raid buffs will proc maelstrom averaging every 4.8 seconds, so thats two charges and 2 earth shocks, meaning your lightning shield procs from static shock do not benefit from the stormstrike debuff on the target and therefore do 20% less damage than they should. I\'d also like to point out your not talenting into the 15% damage from lightning shields that is a MUST for the static shock COMPULSARY talents and class mechanic. The windfury glyph is also a bad choice of glyph, as you should ( and i presume you are) only using it on the main hand weapon. The offhand is enchanted with flametongue with a slow weapon, as ou are useing to give constant (every hit) procs of large flametongue strike damage. Also increasing lava lash damage.

Just read your latest post, and you tested this without the flame shock glyph, OF COURSE your getting a net dps loss.
The feral spirits do not use the attack power you have when you summon them for their entire duration, they use the current AP you have on each individual hit they strike with. Also shamanistic rage as a 2 part bonus DOES NOT increase attack pwoer, but instead increases the damage output from the standard 100% to +115% when mouseovering the damage row in the melee screen, so your obviously not reading your character pane whilst fighting as your presenting completely wrong information.
One more point to add to this about flame shock, ICC is a very movement intensive place, including fights such as putricide and sindragosa hardmode, where you are moving for about 30% of the fight, and therefore flame shock is a net dps increase as it can tick whilst moving, and on multiple targets, doing overall far more damage than earthshock would, and not eating stormstrike charges.
Quote \"I can see this rotation work yes, but i believe that fs will only result in bigger dps nr\'s and not a better overall damage.\"
You believe its less overall damage, i tend to leave these decisions to those who know what they are talking about.
Oh, and flame shock is affected by haste, if you didnt know. and stacking haste, this seems like a good plan.

I will answer your question with a question, which rock have you been living under, as mine has enhancement tactics and mechanics written all up the walls. Your obvious arrogance to point blank refuse advice is a bad quality and not one which is appreciated in this guild. Gear/spec/gem alterations are easily changed, attitude is far harder to change.

Last edited by Pejayy on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Reynard

its a rotation to go with bis gear but the haste totem + fs in the rotation should increase your dps, will you try the other meta as well - in the spirit of trying new things? its really better just because you get to have another +20 haste gem.

12Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Mac

That's the enhance rotation? Christ I'm glad I'm a rogue lol

13Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Toymachine

As i said, do keep in count that i can only get gear from 10 man, and if it's not hit i can use ill have to go for arp, and that's just a definate nono.. If i wouldn't wanna change my rotation/totem then why did i just buy the totem and am i now hitting a dummy like my life is depending on it..
All this critisism i'm getting is taken into consideration and i try to adjust there were i can.. I didn't pick Improved Shields cause i fearmly believe that the + fire nova damage does more dps in the long run then the shields do.. I could be wrong here, but this is my own expirience.. If i come over as arrogant i'm sorry i'm not trying to be..

14Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Pejayy

lol gar, mr 2 buttons!
and yeh, its a priority list, you gotta be able to act fast to keep up with it,
but in a serious note, Toymachine, if you are willing to come back and listen to advice, and change the attitude about accepting advice, then i dont see a problem at all.

15Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Pejayy

Ok, fair enough with the fire nova over 15% on shields, but there talents are both obtainable in the best dps talent spec available. here is my armory page to show you the spec. This is the standard dps spec used by all top end raiding enhancement shamans.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Hexxlord
you will find im under hitcap at the moement, but that is due to the fact this is currently my second alt and am focussing on my mage.
I also appreciate the effort you are now going through to try the setup i have advised, as i am only posting to try and help you out!

16Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Toymachine

ofc, the talents of improved stormstrike....
stupid i didn't notice this before, ty for pointing it out, changing it as we speak. Also changed the glyph and your idd right, i see a nice increase of dps aswell as overall damage.. But after hearing all this positive critisism i have come to the conclusion that i might not be that hardcore as you guys would like me to be.. so forget this apply and thanks for the feedback.And good luck with any future progress

17Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Pejayy

Thats not what i was attempting to do in my responces, i was just attempting to guide you to that better dps your now achieving. you've taken on the advice well, and i really highly advise you do not withdraw the application. You seem willing to learn and adapt well, and would be a valuable asset to the guild in my opinion.

18Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Reynard

what pj said

19Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Tubbo

Tubbo

And here I though we were gonna get an active shammy, instead of grabbing alts. Thanks for scaring him away.

20Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Cint

There's probably people that's less hardcore than you in this guild, believe me. :p

As long as you can push that bloodlust button at the correct time you're in imo, we don't have any shammies atm I think :p

21Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Pejayy

Not the correct reason to invite cint Razz

22Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Sheepy

Sheepy
Guild Master

/clap

Whisper me if you can be bothered, Toymachine.

23Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:07 am

Toymachine

i would like to come back to my decision, and hope you could still consider my apply.. after some hard thinking i still wanna try to see if i can match the lvl you guys are on now.. ill try to keep more track on what's happening on shaman forums and ej to keep up to date on my class and spec.. i would have prolly regret myself if i wouldn't have given this a go at all.

24Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:35 am

Pejayy

I'd like to say that i have reacted inappropriately to this application, i should have allowed more convosation, with less of an attack, and instead of tell you facts etc, but instead, tell you how things can be improved, as you seem a good player with experience and knowledge, just needed a little tweaking.

25Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Empty Re: Enhancement Shaman Apply - Pending Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:49 am

Sheepy

Sheepy
Guild Master

Alright, if the testosterone levels in this thread are back to normal and you're willing to absorb advice, whisper me in-game, Toymachine :p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum